Saturday, 6 September 2014

Cabury Dairy Milk Chips Ahoy

It seems that since Cadbury's was bought out by Kraft that instead of coming up with solely new "Cadburys bar" the NPD has been pushed through merging products to create chocolate bars that cross link brands. The latest one of these is Cadbury's Dairy Milk with Chips Ahoy, a similar biscuit based bar to that of the Cadbury's Dairy Milk Oreo bar that has proved seemingly popular.

Dairy Milk Chips Ahoy

A lot of people in the UK may not have heard of the cookie brand Chips Ahoy, but seemingly being the foodie that I am and through trips to America I was aware of Chips Ahoy..anyway thanks to the manic sword wielding chocolate chip cookie on the front of the packaging you can get the message of what this bar contains. Although why he is yielding a sword I have absolutely no idea.

Dairy Milk Chips Ahoy

The bar contains a biscuit flavoured cream and pieces of chocolate chip cookie coated in Dairy Milk milk chocolate. When I tried the Dairy Milk Oreo bar I have to say I wasn't massively blown away; it was okay but I wouldn't go out and repeat purchase.

This on the other hand was far superior the filling has a lovely creamy, wheaty biscuit flavour with the chocolate chip cookie pieces adding extra cookie/biscuit flavour and delivering a great added crunch to the bar to contrast with the richer/denser filling. The Dairy Milk chocolate is pretty much self explanatory with its usual creamy/sweet flavour. All together as a bar though this certainly ticked all the boxes for me and in contrast to the Oreo bar this is one that I would definitely go out to purchase again.

Dairy Milk Chips Ahoy

Taste - 8.7/10
- Overall a lovely sweet "chocolatey" biscuit eat.
Texture - 8.5/10 - Filling is smooth and creamy, chocolate chip biscuit pieces add a nice additional crunch.
Appearance - 8/10 - Good amount of biscuit pieces in the bar an in a strange way I rather like the sword wielding cookie on the front of the packaging.
Price - 8.9/10 - I picked up this bar for around £1.50 in Asda I can imagine at some point it will on special for £1 as well; definitely accessible enough for everyone.
Overall - 8.5/10
____________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?For most of the general public that enjoy chocolate I can imagine that the majority of them would like this bar.

WHERE TO BUY?

Most major supermarkets should be stocking this soon but I got mine from Asda.

No comments:

Post a Comment