Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Belfine Circus Finger Pup'pets

Generally I associate Belfine chocolate with seasonal periods - I always see their cute chocolate figurines dotted around the shelves at Easter/Christmas time; they make great gifts - they're cute and the chocolate is pretty good, creamy Belgian chocolate, not too sweet and with a decent cocoa percentage, which would appeal to both kids & adults alike.

Belfine Finger Pup'pets

I was recently contacted about a new range they're bring out - circus finger pup'pets a range of 3 cute decorated chocolate circus figures on colourful rings; they're meant to be aimed at children aged 3-10 but to be honest I think these would appeal to any 'big kids' out there. The pup'pets are only 15g each so they make a good small chocolate treat and they're so adorable - really who could resist.

I guess the idea is that you put the colourful circus ring around your finger and play with them for a bit or maybe eat it whilst its on your finger - a bit like a lollipop, but more of an accessory, the chocolate on a ring is awaiting worldwide patent pending and has already won the 2nd prize at the Top Innovation Award at ISM in Cologne, Germany.  There's Lionel the Lion, Tito the Monkey and Pipo the Clown, in an email image I got sent there was also an image of a ringmaster but I couldn't see this on the website, apparently according to Belfine, there could be other future additions to the range as the current 3 figures were opted for by children, so maybe we'll see the ringmaster in the future!

Belfine Finger Pup'pets

I still can't quite understand why there is an apostrophe between the pup and the pets...at first I thought it was implying that the figures were circus pets but puppets at the same time, but then I reaslied there was a clown...so that idea doesn't really fit in, so I'm still not all that sure. (Following an update with Belfine I managed to find out that it was to trademark the name, "pup" meaning small and the figures sort of being like "pets" in which your child could sort of look after them, before eating them!)

The chocolate itself is the usually creamy Belfine Belgian chocolate, a very rich milky flavour without an overpowering cocoa flavour. Belfine make their chocolate using finely roasted Madagascan cocoa beans, the bean gives a light red warm colour to their chocolate and gives a unique yet creamy flavour whilst enhancing the flavour with natural vanilla.

Belfine Finger Pup'pets

Personally I think these are a great idea; if I had children I would much rather buy them one of these as a treat/gift than a bog standard chocolate bar, the fact that I don't have children - well maybe I would just have to treat myself instead!


Taste - 8.3/10 - A really creamy tasty chocolate.
Texture - 8/10 - Good smooth melt.
Appearance - 9.5/10 - Absolutely adorable, I mean come on look at them!
Price - 7.9/10 - These are only 99p each, a bargain.
Overall - 8.4/10 - A great treat for kids and big kids alike.
___________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
These are aimed at children aged 3-10, but personally, I think anyone that is a sucker for cute novely things will love these....like me.


WHERE TO BUY?You can find out more about these on the Belfine website here but they will be stocked in speciality chocolate shops across the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment