Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Lindt Lindor Winter Edition

I love how every Christmas now Lindt seems to bring out a limited edition Lindor; this year is 'Winter Edition' consisting of a white chocolate truffle centre coated in milk chocolate - although I am slightly skeptical about them branding it as 'Winter Edition' and claiming that its new as I have actually seen this flavour sold at Easter time as well. Hm. I would have loved to have seen a peppermint bark Lindor truffle variety - that would be epic.

Lindor Winter Edition

I suppose they are slightly 'snowball-esque' and they do taste delicious. The milk chocolate exterior provides a nice contrast to the creamy sweet white chocolate centre; I am a fan of the complete white chocolate Lindors but I find that they can become quite sickly after a while; the milk chocolate helps to balance that out here.

Lindor Winter Edition

The texture is the classic Lindor mouth feel with a rich smooth buttery centre that is best enjoyed when a whole one is popped into the mouth and left to slowly melt releasing all the creamy sweet chocolate flavours.

Lindor Winter Edition

I always think its nice to have a box of Lindor in the cupboard in the winter time for something comforting and "chocolatey" to have with a warming cup of tea as the weather gets colder; or to offer friends/family if they pop round. Would I choose these over complete milk/complete white? Yes probably and since they are limited edition I'd snap them up whilst you can - before they disappear...and are probably re-presented for Easter...

Taste - 8.3/10 - Good balance between milk/white chocolate, not overly sweet, creamy, rich and delicious.
Texture - 8.5/10 - Love the texture of Lindor, smooth, buttery and melt in the mouth.
Appearance - 7.3/10 - Classic Lindor size, nice winter-esque blue colour used for the packaging.
Price - 7.9/10 - I picked these up on special for £3.50; pretty affordable.
Overall - 8/10 - A nice limited edition alternative flavour; I would have just liked to have seen something a bit more inventive like the Caramel/Irish Cream versions we've seen the past couple of years.
___________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?Nice to buy and pop in the cupboard for over the autumn/winter period.

WHERE TO BUY?Most major supermarkets/retailers should stock these.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't sure about these but the white filling really does look delicious!

    ReplyDelete