Friday, 17 October 2014

Visiblia Sushi Chocolate Experience

Anyone who knows me knows that although I love my quality high end chocolates, I'm also a sucker for anything novelty - so when my birthday came around last month, one of my family decided to buy me this Sushi Chocolate Experience box; complete with 5 different filled chocolates made to look like sushi pieces and even your very own set of chopsticks if you wish to complete the whole experience!

Visiblia Chocolate Sushi Experience

I was worried that the chocolates weren't going to be that good quality; quite often with novelty the chocolates are a bit under par when it comes to delivering on flavour. By no means were these chocolates ground breaking and of course they're not your high end artisan hand made chocolates but they still tasted quite pleasant and actually possessed a flavour - as opposed to some novelty chocolates I've had which have taste of virtually nothing.

Visiblia Chocolate Sushi Experience

There was some slight blooming on some of the chocolates when I opened them so I presume if they had been kept at the correct temperatures then they could have tasted even better. My favourite chocolate had to be the "hand roll/temaki" style chocolate which was a pine nut, white chocolate and coconut ganache like centre coated in dark chocolate and sprinkled with chocolate flakes. The texture was deliciously, lovely and smooth with some slight texture added by the coconut pieces. Yum.

Visiblia Chocolate Sushi Experience

Another particular favourite of mine was the grapefruit boat made in the shape of a "gunkan-maki" inside was a white chocolate ganache flavoured of grapefruit with a dried grapefruit piece on top; I maybe would have liked slightly more of a tang from the grapefruit but there was definitely some citric undertones which paired nicely with the milk chocolate exterior.

The other "gunkan-maki" was a hazelnut praline style chocolate; the texture was lovely and smooth but it didn't really deliver on flavour. Being a bit of a praline snob I judge everything to Hotel Chocolat's Dizzy Praline, which in my favourite praline, and unfortunately this fell just short of the mark - it just didn't possess that rich nutty flavour that I desired.

Visiblia Chocolate Sushi Experience

The little "maki" rolls were complete with either a pistachio praline filling or a raspberry/white chocolate filling both coated in a dark chocolate "nori" again these were quite pleasant; easy to eat and tasty enough, but didn't possess really punchy flavours, I would have liked the raspberry a bit more zingy.

Visiblia Chocolate Sushi Experience

Nevertheless these are still nice chocolates, I don't know what the person who bought me these paid for them but they make quite a nice novelty gift for any chocolate lover; however if a little more attention to detail was paid to in terms of flavour these could quite easily have risen from quite good to spectacular.

Taste - 5.7/10 - A couple of really nice chocolates in the box, a couple that were a bit short of the mark.
Texture - 7.5/10 - Textures were all really good; smooth ganaches/pralines.
Appearance - 7.9/10 - Look great, only problem is that they had bloomed slightly.
Price - 7/10 - Unsure of what was paid for these, but on Harrods website they were priced at £12.95, which I think is reasonable.
Overall - 7/10 - An unusual novelty chocolate gift.
__________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?I think these are much more gift appropriate as opposed to something you would buy for yourself.

WHERE TO BUY?I think the person that bought me these picked them up from TK Maxx; as of present I haven't been able to find anywhere else that seems to sell them, Harrods did stock them online here but they seem to be out of stock at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment