Thursday, 6 November 2014

Montezumas Peanut Butter Chocolate Snowballs

If you've been reading this blog for a while you'll know by now that I'm quite a big fan of peanut butter and chocolate together; the salty/sweet contrast just works for me - so I was really excited when I saw that Montezumas had released some new 'Peanut Butter Snowballs' for this Christmas.

Montezumas Peanut Butter Chocolate Snowballs

Described as a milk chocolate & peanut butter centre wrapped in a white chocolate shell and complete in a cute gingerbread man festive Christmas box they looked like something I would absolutely love!


Quite often chocolate companies get it wrong in terms of the salty/sweet balance - either so salty/savoury that it doesn't really feel like a chocolate anymore or too sweet in which the subtle nuttiness of the peanut butter is lost and you're just left with an overwhelming cloying flavour, this can be especially the case when it comes to being paired with white chocolate.

Montezumas Peanut Butter Chocolate Snowballs

However I can safely say that Montezumas have got it spot on here; the peanut butter and milk chocolate centre has just that right salty back note and due to being blended with milk chocolate adds a richer overall cocoa flavour that stops the white chocolate being too sickly sweet. Having said that the white chocolate does have a good balanced flavour to it, creamy with notes of vanilla as opposed to an overwhelming flavour of sugar.


Montezumas Peanut Butter Chocolate Snowballs

The texture of the truffle is great, smooth and melt in the mouth. These are very rich though and due to possessing a salty element to them I don't think I could eat more than a few in a go - which I suppose is a good thing as it would help me practise some self restraint!!


Overall I loved the product, the flavours work, the textures are great and its a lovely Christmas stocking filler. If you love Reese's peanut butter cups but want something a better quality and slightly more festive then these should definitely be your go to in a market significantly lacking in peanut butter products!


Taste - 8.3/10 - Delicious, perfect balance between salty and sweet.
Texture - 7.9/10 - Smooth truffle centre, rich, melt in the mouth.
Appearance - 8.5/10 - Love the way they've been presented.
Price - 8.8/10 - At £4.99 for 150g for a decent good quality box of truffles I don't think you can go wrong here!
Overall - 8.4/10 - A great tasty Christmas product for any peanut butter lovers.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
A great stocking filler for both adults + kids - as long as they enjoy a good peanut butter treat.

WHERE TO BUY?
Online from Montezumas here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I so want to try these! White choc and peanut butter are two of my favourite flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! :-) May recommend to a friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually... I just checked the ingredients for them... they're so minimal!!! That's great, I must try them!

      Delete