Saturday, 25 April 2015

M&S Malted Milk Chocolate

I love the flavour combination of malt & chocolate together; creamy, sweet and comforting, if I'm browsing the supermarket shelves and fancy something a bit sweeter then Maltesers are always one of my safe go to chocolates. Other than Maltesers and their sub brand range of other malt chocolates and the warming drink Horlicks there's not many other products utilising malt as a flavour; so you can imagine I was delighted to find this chocolate bar in my local M&S as part of their new Tastes of the British Isles cross category range.

M&S Malted Milk Chocolate

 

The bar is sleek and dainty in appearance, weighing in at 45g and with 31% cocoa solids; the chocolate bar itself is pretty standard in visual, split into pieces and easily snaps apart with a clean, firm snap.


M&S Malted Milk Chocolate

I was really hoping that the malt flavour would come through well; without the actual presence of crunchy malt pieces and with it actually blended into the bar it could have been quite easily been lost against the milk chocolate flavour. However thankfully it is not.

M&S Malted Milk Chocolate

Instead you are hit with a wonderful creamy medley of creamy sweet milk chocolate and comforting, soothing malt notes. The malt isn't too subtle that you have to search for the flavour but it's not so strong that it completely overpowers the chocolate; it adds to the flavour rather than dominates it. I also loved how you could actually let this bar melt without the intrusion of nibbly malt pieces.This is definitely the type of bar that I would buy again, there's not much I could really find at fault with it and for any malt chocolate lovers is definitely one to pick up!


Taste - 8.6/10 - Gorgeous blend of creamy milk chocolate and a great malt flavour.
Texture - 8.6/10 - Really good smooth melt; glad there was a point of difference in that there were no nibbly malt pieces but rather the flavour of the malt was in the chocolate itself.
Price - 7.1/10 -£2.50 for 45g, isn't going to break the bank.
Appearance - 6.9/10 - Pretty standard chocolate bar appearance; nice fold out card packaging.
Overall - 7.8/10 - One I will most likely go back and pick another bar up of.
___________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Malt chocolate lovers - rush out and buy this now!

WHERE TO BUY?M&S stores nationwide.

5 comments:

  1. Have you tried the other bars in this range, I think there's one with special jersey milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't, the jersey one is next on my list! I've heard it's meant to be really good though.

      Delete
  2. Cool that it's made by Artisan du Chocolat too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I'll definitely be heading to M&S for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'd definitely recommend it! They've got so much good stuff out at the moment.

      Delete