Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chips Ahoy Cookie Dough Bar

When Cadbury's brought the Chips Ahoy bar out in the UK I was pretty excited; however after trying it, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be - I desired a greater cookie flavour, better chunks/less of a cream filling,which got lost in the chocolate. Enter the Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chips Ahoy Cookie Dough bar!!! I was recently browsing Cyber Candy and noticed this new bar, apparently it's a Canadian bar and consists of Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate with Chips Ahoy cookie dough pieces - it certainly sounded a lot better than the standard one available in the UK.

Cadbury Chips Ahoy Cookie Dough Bar

I'm pretty sure the blend of Cadbury's Dairy Milk is different to the blend that's used in the UK so it doesn't taste exactly the same; it doesn't have that seem deeper milky/creamy flavour and to me tasted slightly sweeter - don't get me wrong it's still good, just tastes slightly different.


When I snapped a strip of the chocolate off I was worried about what the cookie dough would be like; it looked like it may be firm, crunchy and crumbly - not what cookie dough should be! I hoped for a texture akin to that of Ben n Jerry's Cookie Dough globules.

Cadbury Chips Ahoy Cookie Dough Bar

Although the cookie dough inclusion is certainly no Ben n Jerry's it's still pretty good. There's a delicious sweet/vanilla flavour from the cookie dough that complements the milk chocolate and the the texture has a slight give and chew to it - not crunchy at all!! To be honest I don't have any major qualms about this bar (the texture could probably be improved slightly but that's just me being fussy), there's even loads of cookie dough pieces scattered throughout! Okay it may not be the most refined, elegant, artisan bar; but you know what - it's fun and sometimes that's exactly what chocolate should be.


Cadbury Chips Ahoy Cookie Dough Bar

Taste - 8.4/10
- I love cookie dough and this doesn't let me down, sweet, creamy chocolate with a lovely vanilla cookie dough flavour.

Texture - 8.2/10 - Chewy/soft.
Appearance - 8.5/10 - Good amount/size of cookie dough pieces throughout.
Price - 7.0/10 - I paid £3.90 for 100g on Cyber Candy.
Overall - 8.0/10 - A fun, tasty chocolate bar.
__________________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?
One for the cookie dough lovers or anyone looking to try something a bit different.

WHERE TO BUY?
If you live in Canada I'm sure you'll be able to pick it up out there; for the British citizens Cyber Candy is your best bet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment