Thursday, 29 October 2015

Nestle Dulce de Leche

We're fairly limited in the range of simple 'Nestle' bars in the UK; all of the bars are usually under their own sub brand - e.g. Aero. However whilst in Europe over the summer, I know, it seems like a lifetime ago, I picked up a few of their varieties. One that particularly caught my eye was this Dulce de Leche Caramel bar - it looked delicious and I adore dulce de leche so I was pretty sure that it was going to be a winner.

Nestle Dulce de Leche Bar  

First things first, the bar is huge!! Much bigger than the bars we have in the UK and if my memory serves me correctly I only paid around €3. The bar consists of milk chocolate with a caramel truffle-esque filling, with nibbly caramel bits and a soft caramel/dulce de leche topping.

The cubes of the bar are pretty substantial, snapping them off was slightly tricky to get a clean snap, due to it being a filled chocolate bar as opposed to solid.

Nestle Dulce de Leche Bar

The flavour was gorgeous - one thing I did worry about was whether this bar was going to be too sickly sweet - dulce de leche sometimes can be, but thankfully it wasn't and had just the right balance in terms of sweetness, with thankfully no throat burning sensation and allowed a lovely caramelly dulce de leche flavour to take the stage.

The texture contrasts work really well; the dulce de leche topping is thick and sumptuous whilst the truffle adds a soft bite with a slight crunch from the nibbly caramel pieces.  I'm never normally that big on Nestle when it comes to choosing commercial bars; I find their plain solid milk chocolate, e.g. Yorkie, has a bit of a peculiar taste, this however is spot on.

Nestle Dulce de Leche Bar

Now if only I could get some more shipped over to me....

Taste - 8.4/10 - Really good caramel/dulce de leche flavour, much nicer than some of the commercial caramel options we have in the UK.
Texture - 9.2/10 - Silky smooth dulce de leche; nice textural contrast from the truffle filling and nibbly bits.
Appearance - 7.8/10 - Good sized pieces.
Price - 8.3/10  - A bargain for how big the bar is!
Overall - 8.4/10 - Absolutely delicious.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Caramel lovers!

WHERE TO BUY?
I bought this in a supermarket in Spain; it's probably available across other areas of Europe but unfortunately not in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment