Saturday, 21 November 2015

Cadbury's Christmas Mega Post

Well we had our first snow of the year today, well in my area anyway and Chirstmas will soon be upon us so it only seemed to right that day was a festive related post.

Although Cadbury's chocolate may not be the finest artisan chocolate gift for Christmas I do think that that it still holds a soft spot for many people over the festive period; whether it be stocking fillers, selection boxes or advent calendars to open from the 1st of the month! I know my Christmas wouldn't be complete without a Cadbury's selection box....although I am still disappointed over their decision to stop making chocolate coins!

Cadbury's Christmas
 
    Cadbury's have lots of goodies available for over the festive period so this will just give you a brief overview of what's on offer, I'm sure all of you are now familiar with what Cadbury's tastes like (although I swear that it tastes slightly different every time I try some and not in a good way...I hope Mondalez aren't tampering with more recipes...). Nevertheless it still holds that creamy, milky, sweet flavour with a slight chalky like texture.

The Cadbury's advent calendar is Dairy Milk chocolate moulded into festive shapes and personally if I were going for an advent calendar that isn't going to break the bank would always be my first choice.


Cadbury's Christmas

The same Dairy Milk chocolate is used to create cute little Freddo Faces in individual bags in a tube for a tasty little stocking filler. Similarly the cute miniature Santa's are a new addition for Cadbury's this year and make a great small little treat.


Cadbury's Christmas

The Chocolate Mousse Snowman was one of the only products I'd never actually tried before, having only  tried the vanilla filled one before. The chocolate one is actually far superior and had a lovely creamy, smooth filling. Yum. Can imagine this would go down a treat with kids either in their stockings or as part of a homemade advent calendar.

Cadbury's Christmas

If you're a fan of Wispa, which I am, personally I love a bit of aerated chocolate, there's a huge 'We Wispa a merry Christmas', which looks like a giant Wispa but is actually filled with 4 full sized Wispas. After trying one I could have sworn they didn't taste as good as normal however; oh well.

Image7


Finally we have the festive looking Winter Wonderland bar which is Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate in an oscillating tree shape format, with certain sections topped with white chocolate. Personally I would have preferred it if certain sections were solid white chocolate but I can imagine that would be quite difficult to produce; nevertheless it's still pretty taste and you do get more a sweet, creamy note from the white chocolate topping.

Cadbury's Christmas

I mean Cadbury's is never going to be a luxury gift but it's safe, enjoyable and goes down a treat with most chocolate lovers, kids and big kids alike! I certainly know that I'll still be wanting some when Christmas Day comes around.

Taste - 7/10 - Standard Cadbury's chocolate - sweet, milky, safe.
Texture - 7/10 - Classic chalky texture.
Appearance - 8.4/10 - All look fun and really festive.
Price - 8.5/10 - All will be priced slightly differently depending on where you purchase them from but none of them are going to break the bank and offer good value for money for a tasty festive treat.
Overall - 7.7/10 - Some tasty festive treats.
__________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?For any chocolate lovers in the build up or during the festive period.

WHERE TO BUY?
All major retailers.

2 comments: