Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Creighton's Candy Cane Chocolate Bar

Since my local Fenwick's food hall has been done out and all of the Christmas stock has come in there's been a plethora of items I've been wanting to try. One that recently caught my eye was this Creighton's Candy Cane Chocolate Bar.

Creighton's Candy Cane Chocolate Bar  

I remember buying a thick chocolate gingerbread house filled with chocolate buttons last year that was delicious from Harrods and when I saw the brand name it rang a bell, I could have sworn it was them. Anyway Creighton's are a UK based mother/daughter chocolate company based in Leighton Buzzard, making a range of chocolate goodies.

Creighton's Candy Cane Chocolate Bar
White chocolate + peppermint is one of my favourite festive chocolate combinations; after my slight addiction to white chocolate peppermint M&Ms last year (which I should have a review up of soon as I bought another batch this year) and the seeming lack of peppermint bark on the UK market I try to snap up any white chocolate peppermint products I see on shelves.

This Candy Cane bar had hints of peppermint bark about it; albeit just no dark chocolate and slightly smaller peppermint pieces. Nevertheless it was still delicious, there's just something about white chocolate and mint that works so well.

Creighton's Candy Cane Chocolate Bar

The creamy, sweet white chocolate and the slight sharp refreshing flavour of mint is a match made in heaven. The chocolate has a smooth melt with the small candy cane peppermint pieces adding a nice overall nibbly crunch to the bar.

Not as good as my beloved peppermint bark or peppermint M&Ms but still an absolutely delicious chocolate bar that I would recommend as a Christmas treat for any mint chocolate lover!

Taste - 8.2/10 - Creamy, sweet, refreshing.
Texture - 7.9/10 - Smooth melt, nibbly candy cane pieces.
Appearance - 8.1/10 - Packaging is really nice and eye catching, looks festive.
Price - 7.8/10 - Priced at £3.30 on their website, I can't remember what I paid for it at Fenwick, think it was slightly more.
Overall - 8/10 - A nice alternative to peppermint bark.
___________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Mint chocolate lovers, would make a nice stocking filler.

WHERE TO BUY?Stocked in Fenwick, Harrods and online here.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen these...very tempted as Creightons chocs are so good!

    ReplyDelete