Monday, 28 December 2015

M&Ms Hot Chocolate

Well firstly I hope you all had a great Christmas and are still enjoying all of your chocolate stash! We have another festive/winter warming themed post today with these M&Ms Hot Chocolate. I've never felt particularly inclined to purchase dark chocolate M&Ms before; however when once again I saw these limited edition American flavour online I knew I had to try them!

M&Ms Hot Chocolate  

They're made up of a dark chocolate centre that is meant to be flavoured of hot chocolate with marshmallow and cream undertones. Once again the M&Ms are much bigger than their UK counterparts and have a good satisfying bite to them.

M&Ms Hot Chocolate
It's peculiar biting in to one...it tastes exactly like hot chocolate. It certainly isn't a dark/bitter dark chocolate and is surprisingly creamy with a sweet marshmallow like back note. Personally I'm not a huge fan of hot chocolate in its drinking format, I don't find it particularly satisfying, but the flavour represented in edible chocolate form - well I thought it was a winner.

M&Ms Hot Chocolate

I still don't think this flavour could overtake my beloved White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms but they were still pretty good and a lot better than I expected and perfect for this winter season!

Taste - 7.5/10 - A lot better than I expected them to be, strangely taste a lot like hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows!
Texture - 8.8/10 - Much prefer the larger American size of M&M compared to the UK counterpart; gives a much more satisfying bite.
Appearance - 7.4/10 - Look fine enough, a nice festive-esque packaging design.
Price - 6.9/10 - I think I paid around £6 for a bag of these on eBay.
Overall - 7.7/10 - Another great limited edition flavour of M&Ms.
___________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone who's a sucker for a good limited edition/unusual product!

WHERE TO BUY?
I picked mine up on eBay. I don't know of anywhere else where you're able to get these from in the UK at this present time.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the 'hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows' flavour - that just sounds so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! They were way nicer than I expected actually. I love loads of the US limited edition flavours they get.

      Delete