Saturday, 30 April 2016

Chocolate Naive Caramel Milk Chocolate 47%

I really have been spoiled with the new chocolate selection available at my local Fenwick; whenever I go in there's always a new bar that I want to pick up - even better if I happen to notice they are reduced..which was the case with this Chocolate Naive Caramel Milk Chocolate Bar, despite being best before 05/2017!

Chocolate Naive Caramel  

Chocolate Naive is a bean to bar chocolate company based in Eastern Lithuania and it was their eye catching logo of a man riding a unicycle that initially caught my eye. It was a toss up between the two bars my local Fenwick had in at the time (Caramel or Porcini) and I decided to go with the milk chocolate variety and opted for the caramel version.

The bar feels quite substantial despite only being 55g, with the logo embellished on the centre of the bar. The chocolate has a lovely rich aroma to it and a nice smooth, crisp, clean snap.
Chocolate Naive Caramel
With 47% cocoa solids this is a deeper milk chocolate eat, but due to the production method of caramelizing the chocolate paste, there are lovely rich toffee and caramel notes to the bar, adding a delicious additional flavour element. It's certainly a richer eat than anyone used to eating sugar laden mass market chocolate would be used to, but for a higher cocoa % bar it manages to retain it's sweeter, milk chocolate quality whilst exploring the deeper flavours that higher cocoa % bars can offer with very subtle back notes of fruit and a slight tang of salt.

Chocolate Naive Caramel

The melt is rich, smooth and sumptuous and enrobes the mouth nicely and paired with the good overall flavour it made for a tasty milk chocolate bar. However would I remember it as being earth shatteringly good? Probably not. I can't imagine I would go back and buy another bar but it did make for a nice change to have some higher quality milk chocolate.

Taste - 7.5/10 - Rich, deep, milk chocolate. Notes of toffee and caramel, subtle back notes of fruit.
Texture - 7.9/10 - Smooth, sumptuous melt.
Appearance - 7.8/10 - Eye catching packaging and a pretty looking bar.
Price - 6.8/10 - I paid ~£3.50 for this bar, which is pretty good value considering. However the price will no doubt vary depending on the shop and when it is full price.
Overall - 7.5/10 - A tasty, good quality bean to bar milk chocolate.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone looking for a higher cocoa %, better quality, milk chocolate.

WHERE TO BUY?
You can find details of all stockists and can purchase online at Chocolate Naive's website here.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this one, nearly bought it myself, but the price *sfill* put me off a bit lol. I wonder what the porcini one is like, I can't help think it would be awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice don't get me wrong im just not sure that it's good enough to warrant the full price and good enough for me to want to purchase it again. Haha I know..I'm not sure whether Fenwick still have it in otherwise I may give it a go. I'm quite fussy when it comes to dark chocolate anyway though and I have a feeling the addition of porcini wouldn't do it any favours.

    ReplyDelete