Sunday, 10 April 2016

Rózsavölgyi Csokoládé Matcha Tea in White Chocolate

Rózsavölgyi Csokoládé is a Hungarian chocolate company based in Budapest; thankfully I didn't have to go all of the way there to sample one of their bars; although I may have quite liked in an impromptu trip to Budapest, but found their chocolate stocked in my local Fenwick.

Matcha White Chocolate  

I love green tea, I used to hate it but over the years I've become rather fond of the flavour and now get through at least 5 cups of it a day. It's not often that I will drink pure matcha, a specially grown and processed green tea, but I love how it's often used in sweet treats. Living up north it's not often that I find desserts, cakes and the like that include matcha as a flavour, unlike all the delectable matcha treats that are often seen scattered around bakeries and restaurants in London, so I was eager to give this chocolate bar a go.

Matcha White Chocolate

Matcha tea powder is blended into white chocolate, 29% cocoa solids, and made into the most beautiful intricate looking bar, with a gorgeous regal looking design, with pieces that easily break apart with a nice, crisp, clean snap.



Matcha White Chocolate

The chocolate is smooth, melt in the mouth and has a really good rich texture to it. Personally I think that matcha pairs beautifully with white chocolate as it helps to offset the sickly, sweet flavour that hit chocolate can sometimes have. The matcha offers a subtle bitterness and earthiness to the eat, particularly on the back note of the melt, yet you still get all the wonderful creamy, dairy, notes that white chocolate has to offer, which means its not 'too out there' for someone who hasn't tried matcha before and wants to give something a bit different a go.

Matcha White Chocolate

You can tell the chocolate is great quality as well and although being quite a light bar, only weighing in at 70g, it's really rich and you only need a little bit to satisfy. I'm pretty sure that Fenwick had some other Rózsavölgyi Csokoládé chocolate bars and after being thoroughly impressed with this one I may have to pick up some of the others when I'm next in.

Taste - 8.2/10 - Well balanced between sweet, creamy white chocolate and earthy, bitter matcha.
Texture - 8.5/10 - Smooth, luxurious melt. Crisp, clean snap.
Appearance - 8.9/10 - Stunning design.
Price -7.9/10 - I paid £4.50 for this in my local Fenwick, pretty good value for a higher quality chocolate bar.
Overall - 8.4/10 - Something a bit different yet still delicious.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone looking for something a bit different, or if you already know you enjoy matcha.

WHERE TO BUY?
I bought mine from Fenwick but I think you can also purchase it online here; although you will pay extra shipping charges.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty tasty! Fenwicks have some interesting stuff in right now, I noticed they've got some new bars with doughnut pieces and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know their food hall is much better now. I haven't seen the bars with doughnut pieces in though oooh!! I'll have to look out for them...cause obviously I need some more chocolate to add to my ever growing stash..

      Delete
  2. THIS WAS IN A FENWICK? WHAAAAAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! They've got some really good stuff in at the moment! Normally you have to go to Selfridges for stuff like this.

      Delete