Tuesday, 31 May 2016

MilkBoy : Finest Swiss Alpine Milk Chocolate with Crunchy Caramel & Sea Salt

Swiss chocolate is one of my all time favourite blends of chocolate; there's something about it that's so comforting, creamy and delicious. Lindt was one of the first chocolates that I truly fell in love with when I was younger and it still holds a nostalgic hit for me but I do enjoy trying other Swiss chocolates that are maybe a little less mainstream.

MilkBoy : Finest Swiss Alpine Milk Chocolate with Crunchy Caramel & Sea Salt

The sound of Swiss Alpine Milk Chocolate with Crunchy Caramel & Sea Salt massively appealed to me; take the smooth, creamy nature of Swiss chocolate and add some caramel to it - it can only be good!

The shape of the bar is quite similar to that of Lindt's, being a thinner, flatter bar with larger squares. Personally I prefer this to really thick, chunky chocolate as I feel as if you're getting more for your money/calories and it lasts a bit longer. Wrapped in a gold wrapper and each square adorned with an embossed cocoa pod the bar looks that little bit more special.


MilkBoy : Finest Swiss Alpine Milk Chocolate with Crunchy Caramel & Sea Salt
The chocolate pieces broke off with a nice snap and melted sumptuously in the mouth, evoking all of those wonderful creamy, dairy notes you associate with Swiss milk chocolate. Not overly sweet or sickly but with subtle caramel undertones that are complemented with the crunchy caramel pieces, which are just small enough to add a textural contrast but not annoyingly obtrusive to the melt, and the contrasting flavour of tangy salt. Yum.

MilkBoy : Finest Swiss Alpine Milk Chocolate with Crunchy Caramel & Sea Salt

I did enjoy this bar but I'd be interested to see what MilkBoy's standard Swiss milk chocolate is like so I may have to pick up a bar of that next time I see it, but if you're looking for a good quality, creamy, essentially salted caramel chocolate bar then this is top notch!

Taste - 7.2/10 - Lovely creamy milk chocolate with subtle caramel notes and a nice salty edge.
Texture - 7.3/10 - Smooth, rich melt.
Appearance - 8.4/10 - Love the design of the bar.
Price - 7.5/10 - I paid ~£3.50 for 100g bar which I think is quite good value.
Overall - 7.6/10
- A tasty, good quality Swiss milk chocolate.
__________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
If you enjoy creamier, Swiss milk chocolate then you should enjoy this.

WHERE TO BUY?
I picked mine up from Fenwick, further details can be found on MilkBoy's website here.

1 comment:

  1. Ah I've seen these in Fenwicks, I may just have to pick one up! I see they've got a new range of bars in there now, with goat milk, sheep milk and whatnot. Not sure about those :s

    ReplyDelete