Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Doisy & Dam : Lemon, Poppy Seed & Baobab White Chocolate

I reviewed one of Doisy & Dam's chocolate bars a month or so ago and despite not particularly buying into their whole 'superfood' branding I did think their chocolate was tasty so was looking forward to trying another one of their bars. This time around it was a white chocolate variety, 30% cocoa solids, with lemon, poppy seed and the 'superfood' baobab - an African fruit, rich in vitamin C, antioxidants and fibre, but unfortunately only makes up 2g of this 100g bar.

Doisy & Dam Lemon, Poppy Seed & White Chocolate Bar 

The poppy seeds are heavily specked throughout the bar and although at first I did think they added a nice textural crunch after I'd eaten a few pieces they were starting to annoy me slightly, getting stuck in my teeth and not making for a particularly smooth eat. I understand that lemon + poppy seed is quite a common used combination, often used in cakes/biscuits, but for some reason I just didn't feel it worked particularly well in a chocolate bar format. Not texturally anyway.

Doisy & Dam Lemon, Poppy Seed & White Chocolate Bar 

However despite the slightly annoying texture the flavour of this bar was really good. The white chocolate is rich, creamy and smooth with a sharp, refreshing tang from the lemon, making this the perfect, light, summery eat for those warmer summer days.

I actually really enjoyed the white chocolate base in this bar but unfortunately this is the only white chocolate bar that Doisy & Dam do, I'd definitely pick up one if they were to release another white chocolate bar but unfortunately I can't see myself repeat purchasing this one, despite the pleasant flavour.

Doisy & Dam Lemon, Poppy Seed & White Chocolate Bar  

Taste - 7.6/10 - Creamy white chocolate, refreshing tang from the lemon.
Texture - 5.0/10 - Unfortunately the poppy seeds really annoyed me after a few pieces.
Appearance - 6.7/10 - Eye catching packaging.
Price - 6.3/10 - £3.50 for 100g or £1.75 for 40g.
Overall - 6.4/10 - Slightly let down by the annoyance of poppy seeds getting stuck in my teeth.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
A nice light, summery, chocolate bar for those who don't mind the possibility of poppy seeds getting stuck in your teeth.

WHERE TO BUY?
 Doisy & Dam have various stockists around the UK - I picked mine up from Wholefood's. You can also purchase online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment