Sunday, 31 July 2016

T'a Milano Latte e Caramello Chocolate Bar

I reviewed T'a's Caramello Croccante bar a few months ago here and was particularly impressed with how good it was, I loved how the chocolate was blended with a caramel base to aid the depth of flavour.

T'a Milano Latte e Caramello Chocolate Bar  


The other bar I picked up was this milk chocolate version, I think it was 40% cocoa solids and again it is blended with caramel; however unlike the white chocolate version this doesn't have any crunchy caramel pieces. I absolutely adore Hotel Chocolat's caramel milk chocolate so I was hoping that this was going to be just as good or hopefully even better!

Like the other bar this weighs in a 50g and is split into 4 sizeable square pieces to break off, it had a lighter colour compared to standard milk chocolates, due to the addition of the caramel and a softer, more giving, snap.




T'a Milano Latte e Caramello Chocolate Bar
 

The melt was perfect : smooth, sumptuous and creamy. You are hit with a wonderful sweet milk chocolate flavour with delicious, sweet caramel notes. It is obviously sweeter than a standard 40% milk chocolate due to the blending with caramel but it most definitely is not sickly and is perfectly well balanced.

I think I possibly even preferred this over Hotel Chocolat's blend, which is saying something because I adore their caramel milk chocolate; however I would have to eat the two side by side to fully make my decision.



T'a Milano Latte e Caramello Chocolate Bar

Either way if you're a fan of caramel blend milk chocolates then I cannot recommend this highly enough and I most definitely will be picking up another bar.

Taste - 8.5/10 - Delicious, rich milk chocolate blended with sweet caramel.
Texture -8.9/10 - Smooth, luxurious melt.
Appearance - 8.2/10 - Love the format of the bar.
Price - 7.2/10 - I think this was ~£3, making it £6 per 100g, pretty expensive but the quality is worth it in my opinion.
Overall - 8.2/10 - A highly recommended caramel milk chocolate bar.
_________________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?
If you're willing to fork out a little bit more for a good quality chocolate and enjoy slightly sweeter milk chocolates but still with a high cocoa % then this is for you.

WHERE TO BUY?
I picked mine up at Fenwick but I have also seen them at Waitrose before, albeit that was a long time ago. You can also check out T'a's website here.

2 comments:

  1. I keep umming over whether to try these when I see them, but your reviews are convincing me to give one a try :) If this is as good as HC's caramel milk choc then it must be good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been really impressed with both of the bars of theirs I've tried. I think the white chocolate based caramel bar just beat this one but both are excellent. I hope you like it if you try it!

      Delete