Saturday, 27 August 2016

Kit Kat Chunky Cookie Dough

I'd read about it, I'd searched for it, yet I still couldn't find it anywhere. The elusive Kit Kat Chunky Cookie Dough continued to evade me; however fellow reviewer Amy from Amy Seeks New Treats was kind enough to send me one in the post so I could have a chance to try it - thank you so much!!

Kit Kat Chunky Cookie Dough 


It's nice to see us in the UK getting some more unusual limited edition chocolate bars; I remember seeing this Kit Kat Chunky launched in Australia a while back and being massively jealous! I'm also pleased that it was launched in the Chunky format, there's something about regular Kit Kats that just don't quite hit the mark.

Kit Kat Chunky Cookie Dough 


The bar is described as ' a crisp wafer finger with a creamed cookie dough topping (19%), covered in milk chocolate (60%)'. So the cookie dough unfortunately isn't making up a huge percentage of the bar; although when I cut into it I was pleased to see that it did make a distinctive layer on top of the wafer.

Kit Kat Chunky Cookie Dough 


I decided to bite off the cookie dough topping first to try this on its own without the wafer to try and get the full flavour of just the cookie dough. I tried. I got nothing. I would have been confused that my taste buds were playing up had other reviewers not said the same thing - that the cookie dough flavour was non-existent. Literally all I tasted was the chocolate with a slight hint of vanilla.

The flavour is lost even more when you take a proper bite complete with wafer, chocolate and cookie dough topping. It tastes like you're just eating a regular Kit Kat Chunky. I just don't understand how companies can sign off on something that literally tastes nothing like it's supposed to. It just really infuriates me. To add to this there is literally none of the classic cookie dough texture either, none of that slightly chewy, soft bite. Oh well rant over. Until next time.

Taste - 4.5/10 - It's not bad in terms of tasting awful, it just doesn't taste like anything different. Just like a standard Kit Kat Chunky.
Texture - 4.2/10 - Where have you gone beloved chewy cookie dough?!
Appearance - 6.0/10 - Pretty standard Kit Kat Chunky bar.
Price - 6.7/10 - They're being sold at the same price as  the regular Kit Kat Chunky, around 50-60p so it's not going to break the bank if you do wish to give it a go.
Overall - 5.4/10 - Doesn't live up to it's described name.
_________________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?
They're cheap enough that it's not going to be too expensive if you want to give one a go but if you're a huge cookie dough lover beware of disappointment!

WHERE TO BUY

They've been spotted in Asda & Sainsbury's so far; although my local stores didn't have them in when I was looking and hopefully should be available at most major retailers soon.

2 comments:

  1. 100% agree, my review was pretty much the same as this! Zero cookie dough element, just way too sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once Cooke Dough flavour was rare in Bulgaria. It was found in centre of Sofia. I buyed then all of these. All Kitkat are my favorite flavours. Thanks to me the Cookie Dough flavour is spreading all over Bulgaria under the name Cookie.

    ReplyDelete