Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Lion White Bar

Out of the selection of chocolate bars gracing the shelves a Lion bar isn't one I would often pick up; however upon seeing the white version in a local B&M recently and remembering that I had read great things about it I just had to pick one up. Especially after my great experience with the Snickers White!

Lion White Bar 


As with all Lion bars this consists of a wafer, caramel and cereal pieces apart from this time it is covered in white chocolate. It had been years since I'd had even a standard Lion bar so I was pleased to see that the bar looked a good satisfying size. Cutting it in half it seemed to have a decent layer of caramel and good proportions of wafer:caramel:chocolate, with the cereal pieces visible throughout the white chocolate.

Lion White Bar 


Taking my first bite I immediately knew that I was going to enjoy this more than a standard Lion bar, I think the white chocolate makes the flavours 'pop' more, the wafer seemed more savoury and the caramel more 'caramelly'. Altogether it just seemed an overall better eat. Strangely enough I got hints of coconut throughout the bar though!? I don't know whether it was just my taste buds playing up but I was sure I could taste a hint of it.

Lion White Bar
 

Either way it was most definitely delicious and maybe I'll just have to go and pick up another bar to double check about the whole coconut factor! In terms of texture it is spot on, the crispy wafer, the slightly soft chewy caramel, crunchy cereal pieces and slight bite from the white chocolate. Yum! All of this and it was only 29p!!

Taste - 7.7/10 - Delicious, I felt the white chocolate helped bring the bar together.
Texture - 7.5/10 - Great mix of chewy, crunchy and soft!
Appearance - 7.0/10 - Good satisfying size.
Price - 8.4/10 - At 29p it is a complete and utter top notch bargain!
Overall - 7.7/10 - Another white chocolate bar that is superior to its milk counterpart.

________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Worth a try for 29p if you're a fan of the classic Lion bar, you never know like me you may even prefer it!


WHERE TO BUY?
I picked mine up from B&M for 29p. However I know you can also purchase them on eBay albeit they are more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment