Monday, 26 September 2016

Zotter Biofekt Heart Non-Alcoholic

I was lucky enough to receive a lovely box of Zotter chocolates recently, I've tried Zotter's hand scooped bars before but had never been fortunate enough to give their boxed chocolates a go. Thankfully all of the chocolates in the box were non-alcoholic and reading the details on the website the flavours sounded intriguing and delicious. 

Zotter Biofekt Heart Non-Alcholic  

In the box there were 12 chocolates which according to the website were meant to be :Caramel Nougat, Hazelnut Nougat Light, Mint Jelly, Coffee Cardamom,Wild Berry, Passion Fruit Banana, Pumpkin Seed Endorphin, Pineapple Endorphin, Cappuccino Endorphin, Vanilla Endorphin, Honey Endorphin and Hazelnut Pot. However it stated that these could change depending on availability.

Zotter Biofekt Heart Non-Alcholic

On opening the box and looking at the menu I could tell that I was going to have a difficult time of determining which chocolate was what, not only was the menu in German (which is fine I can use Google translate) but also not all of the chocolates in my box were on the menu. I guess it was going to be a bit of a guessing game and seeing what I got, slightly frustrating as I do like to know what I'm going to eat and choose depending on what flavours I fancy at the time.

Zotter Biofekt Heart Non-Alcholic

Each chocolate is very dainty and a lot lighter than other boxed chocolates I've had before and some were a lot easier to distinguish in terms of flavours than others. Some packed heaps of flavour, others were slightly more mellow and made it quite difficult to determine what they were.

Zotter Biofekt Heart Non-Alcholic

The textures of each chocolate were all pretty good, a contrast of smooth truffles, crunch from nuts or coconut flakes and a firm yet wobbly mint jelly. However I wasn't blown away, yes they were nice and they all did taste pleasant enough but they were definitely not as exciting as I was hoping them to be. Tasty but slightly dull.

Zotter Biofekt Heart Non-Alcholic

Taste - 6.8/10
- Not horrific but not mind blowing.

Texture - 7.3/10 - Good range of textures.
Appearance - 7.0/10 - Dainty looking chocolates, pretty box.
Price - 6.0/10 - Priced at £12.30 they work out at just over £1 per chocolate, considering the size of each chocolate and the fact that the flavours aren't amazing I don't think it's great value for money.
Overall - 6.8/10 - Pleasant enough but I won't be rushing back.
_________________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?
They still would make a nice gift for someone who perhaps doesn't like as strong flavours in chocolates.


WHERE TO BUY?
Online at Zotter's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment