Thursday, 13 October 2016

Compartés Cookies & Cream

Cookies & Cream, a flavour that I love despite not being a huge fan of regular Oreos, but put it in anything else - ice cream, cake, chocolate etc and you're on to a winner. That's why I knew I had to try this Compartés Cookies & Cream chocolate bar - 'using a blend of dark chocolate and white chocolate, packed full of sandwich cream cookies'. I mean doesn't it  just sound delicious!

Compartes Cookies & Cream  

The bar is structured in the same way as the other Compartés bars I've reviewed, lots of little triangles with one large triangle piece (some of mine had unfortunately broken off on transport), the back was studded with pieces of crushed sandwich cream cookies. I was pleased to see that this bar looked a lot more white chocolate than dark chocolate, I was hoping for a creamier sweeter eat.

Compartes Cookies & Cream

This is exactly what I got, the base white chocolate is like a really good quality Milky Bar, creamy sweet vanilla notes. To be honest I didn't get much of a dark chocolate vibe from it at all and visually I couldn't see much actually swirled through the bar so it must be a very small amount. No worries though as the crushed sandwich cream cookies helped to inject that slight hint of bitterness into the bar to stop it becoming sickly sweet.

Compartes Cookies & Cream

They also added a lovely textural crunch and made the bar really satisfying to eat. On eating it I couldn't help but think it reminded me of something else I'd had previously and then it hit me. It's like a superior quality of the Milky Bar Milk & Cookies bar .


It's definitely not the most unusual of Compartés' chocolate bars but it's still pretty tasty and there's not  many cookies & cream based chocolate bars in the UK so if you can afford to splurge a little bit more then I'd definitely say to give it a go!

Taste - 7.2/10 - Well balanced, creamy white chocolate, slight hint of bitterness from the dark sandwich cream cookies.
Texture - 8.3/10 - Good textural contrasts, biscuits were nice and crunchy.
Appearance - 7.8/10 - I love the design and packaging of Compartés' bars.
Price - 6.8/10 - £6.95 for an 85g bar through Harvey Nichols or $9.95 through Compartés' website in the U.S.
Overall - 7.5/10 - Hits the spot for Cookies & Cream lovers.
_________________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?
If you're after a good quality chocolate bar with simple flavours done well and aren't too averse to paying a higher price tag.


WHERE TO BUY?
In the UK Harvey Nichols here or U.S Compartés here.

No comments:

Post a Comment