Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Hotel Chocolat Mint Royale

I had been searching for these Mint Royale chocolates for what seemed like a lifetime, after seeing that they had won an Academy of Chocolate award I raced into my local Hotel Chocolat to pick some up - they'd sold out, I checked online - they'd sold out. Fast forward to a couple of weeks later and I eventually managed to get my hands on some. Hallelujah.

Hotel Chocolat Mint Royale 


Described as 'Minted luxury: butter-mint caramel layered with white crème, served in a dark cup .' They sounded utterly heavenly, I love mint chocolate! The fact that they were layered really appealed to me, this is not just a classic mint crème but a selection of components put together to increase the quality of the eat.

Biting into one I was astounded by how good these are, the mint caramel is superb and the white
crème on top adds an additional textural contrast and injects a nice bit of sweetness into the overall eat of the chocolate. The dark chocolate adds a more bitter back note, which is fine by me - I think they would have been too sweet if they had been encased in milk or white cup.

Hotel Chocolat Mint Royale 


They really did remind me in terms of flavour of eating a butter-mint/mint humbug, the flavour is sharp yet sweet and refreshing and if you're a mint chocolate lover then I can't really see what you would dislike about them. I can most certainly see why they won an award!

Taste - 9.2/10 - Impeccable mint flavour. Very well balanced.
Texture - 9.0/10 - Smooth caramel, soft white crème and a crisp dark chocolate cup.
Appearance - 8.0/10 - Visually appealing.
Price - 8.2/10 - £3.85 for 6 or £3.15 if you buy more than 3 packs. Works out around ~60p per chocolate. Excellent value.
Overall - 8.6/10 - Outstanding mint chocolate, probably one of the best, if not the best I've had.
___________________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?
Mint chocolate lovers.


WHERE TO BUY?
Hotel Chocolat stores or online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment