Thursday, 20 October 2016

Zotter Mitzi Blue NutMix

I'm a sucker for an unusual shaped chocolate product, which is why Zotter's Mitzi Blue range really caught my eye. Shaped in a disc format, often dotted with various mix ins, with a smaller disc in the middle, complete with eye catching colourful packaging, I always thought they looked like so much fun.

Zotter Mitzi Blue NutMix 


 I browsed the range and to be honest quite a few caught my eye but it was this NutMix that really stood out, I mean it sounded ideal for my praline loving self - 'Hazelnut nougat & cashew nougat - Sweet exercise for the brain : Home-made hazelnut nougat, combined with milk chocolate, a cashew nougat Mini Mitzi in the centre, surrounded by plenty of delicately roasted hazelnuts and walnuts.'

Zotter Mitzi Blue NutMix  

The disc looked really appealing, generously studded with hazelnuts and walnuts with a smooth looking finishing on the chocolate, with easy to break off sectors. Now in terms of flavour I was expecting a really rich praline flavour, I hoped it would be like the innards of a Hotel Chocolat Dizzy Praline but in bar format. Almost like a disc of gianduja.

Zotter Mitzi Blue NutMix 


I snapped off around a 1/4 of the disc, including some of the cashew nougat centre, and took my first bite, letting it melt a bit. Hm. Although the melt was pretty good, smooth and enrobing, the flavour was just so muted. I didn't really get much nut at all, with the main flavour coming from the roasted walnuts on the outside (one nut I'm not particularly fond of I must add).

I tried the hazelnut section on its own - not a lot of flavour going on there, I then tried the cashew middle - even less flavour going on there. Now don't get me wrong there were subtle hints of hazelnut and cashew but it was all a bit diluted and insipid. Compared to a classic praline I'm afraid it was all a bit of an anticlimax and possibly a case of style over substance.


Taste - 3.5/10 - Really lacking in the nut flavour I desired.
Texture - 7.0/10 - Melt was smooth and nuts were crunchy.
Appearance - 8.0/10 - Visually it looked great.
Price - 5.0/10 - Priced at £2.99 for 65g.
Overall - 5.9/10 - Unfortunately a bit of a let down.
________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
A fun looking bar that would probably make a good gift, just make sure not to give it to someone who is as critical of nut/praline flavoured things as me!

WHERE TO BUY?

Online from Zotter's store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment