Tuesday, 1 November 2016

Block O'Choc

I was contacted recently by the owner of a chocolate company called Block O'Choc - well I say chocolate company they produce one chocolate product. A gigantic chocolate block/brick! Apparently the product that Block O'Choc is selling is "the world's only bigger-than-life-size chocolate brick". Wow.

Block O'Choc

Block O'Choc


Weighing in at a hefty 1.6kg this brick isn't just your cheap and cheerful novelty chocolate but is made with 38% cocoa solids, milk solids and contains no vegetable/palm oil, so it's going to taste good too.

Block O'Choc

Block O'Choc

I was so excited when it arrived in the post, it was way heavier than I was expecting and was a pretty huge, solid slab..or should I say brick, of chocolate. Now I know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, or in this case a chocolate product by its packaging but I must say I absolutely LOVED the packaging of this product. It's extremely witty and fun - in particular the Dos & Don'ts on the inside  - 'Don't drop Block O'Choc from a height of greater than 10cm', 'For those aged 30 years and younger, please ask an adult for help when consuming or handling Block O'Choc, and with any other life issues'. It really made me smile and I loved the attention to detail that had obviously gone into it.

Block O'Choc

I couldn't help but cast my eye over the back nutritional information - not that I can imagine that anyone would eat this all in one go (unless for some sort of food challenge) but the whole brick contains a whopping 196 tsp sugar, 9072 calories 808g fat, 782g sugar and 24g salt. Wow.


Block O'Choc

Now how would you go about breaking the brick into pieces? A chisel would be ideal but for those of you with just normal kitchen utensils the best way is to saw with a serrated sharp knife in an attempt to get a decent piece of...or hit it with a hammer.


Block O'Choc

As I expected the chocolate quality is really good, it's not a case of quantity over quality, 38% cocoa solids means you get a good cocoa flavour with a creamy, milky, satisfying eat. Certainly much, much better than the chocolate many novelty products are made from.


Block O'Choc

I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with this chocolate brick, it's pretty unique and I think it would make a perfect gift for any chocolate lover, especially with Christmas coming up!


Taste - 8.0/10 - Good quality milk chocolate, creamy and well balanced.
Texture - 7.8/10 - Smooth melt.
Appearance - 9.0/10 - Love, love, love the packaging and appearance of this product! So much fun!
Price - 8.5/10 - £25.01 with free shipping for 1.6kg works out at £1.56 per 100g. Considering that's around the same price per 100g for many cheaper commercial bars it's excellent value for money.
Overall - 8.3/10 - An excellent quality novelty chocolate product that put a huge smile on my face. What better.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Would make an absolutely amazing Christmas gift for any chocolate lover. I can just imagine families marveling over it on Christmas day - having fun reading the packaging before digging in!

WHERE TO BUY?
On Block O'Choc's website here.

1 comment: