Thursday, 3 November 2016

Cachet Cinnamon Crisp

I used to hate cinnamon as a child, in fact I used to detest the stuff, it seems to be a flavour that has really grown on me as I've aged and now I absolutely love it, especially around autumn and winter time due its warming flavour! Amy from Amy Seeks New Treats kindly enquired as to whether I liked cinnamon a couple of months ago and then sent me this delicious looking Cachet bar in a package for my birthday!

Cachet Cinnamon Crisp

It's not often I really see Cachet in the UK, I've only ever seen their products in TK Maxx before and on searching for them on Google it doesn't appear they have a website so if you're after this bar it may be a bit of a wild goose chase, but if you do see it pick it up it's a good one if you like cinnamon!! I'm pretty sure that Amy said she picked it up in Aldi/Lidl but I think it was just a 'special buy' so may no longer be there.

The quality of the milk chocolate is good with that classic milky creaminess that Belgian chocolate so often possesses complemented with a smooth, creamy, melt. So often with 'crisp' chocolates I worry that the textural addition is going to ruin the melt, thankfully this wasn't the case here, the crisp pieces are enough to add texture if you want to chew the bar but not so large that they cause an unpleasant feeling in your mouth if you do want to let it melt in the mouth.

Cachet Cinnamon Crisp

The cinnamon flavour is most definitely present but is well balanced with the creaminess of the milk chocolate, adding a lovely spiced, subtle warmth to the overall eat of the milk chocolate, making it absolutely perfect now that the weather is getting colder! If only it could be found a bit easier!



Taste - 7.7/10 - Really nice warming cinnamon flavour paired with creamy Belgian chocolate.

Texture - 7.5/10 - Smooth melt, unobtrusive crisp pieces.
Appearance - 5.0/10 - Fairly average appearance.
Price - NA/10 - I'm not sure what Amy paid for it but I know I've seen Cachet bars in TK Maxx before at around £2.50.
Overall - 6.7/10 - A lovely warming cinnamon chocolate bar.
________________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?
Cinnamon lovers!

WHERE TO BUY? 

This seems a bit of an elusive bar in that I haven't seen it many places, Aldi/Lidl may be a good bet if they get it in as a special buy again. Belique sell Cachet chocolate online here but unfortunately it doesn't seem they have this Cinnamon Crisp bar.


1 comment:

  1. I picked this up in Aldi a couple of months back - hadn't seen it before or since but I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete