Monday, 21 November 2016

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Mint

As in the UK with Oreo biscuits the other flavour of Dairy Milk bar that was launched along with the strawberry version was mint. I love mint chocolate so I had high hopes for this; although it must be noted that I preferred the Oreo Strawberry biscuits so I was curious as to whether I would have similar feelings with the Cadbury Dairy Milk bars.

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Mint

As with the strawberry this bar weighs in at 180g and is described as 'delicious smooth mint flavoured creme with crunchy Oreo biscuit pieces coated in Cadbury Dairy Milk milk chocolate'.  Snapping a strip off you are met with a pale green interior, slightly lighter than the innards of an Aero Mint, flecked with large Oreo biscuit pieces, giving off a light refreshing mint aroma.

I often feel that mint with milk chocolate isn't done often enough, it's normally always dark chocolate, which is sometimes disappointing for my milk chocolate loving self, as it works so well. This bar isn't the exception. It's pretty tasty. The smooth, mint filling has a light refreshing flavour that eats really well when combined with the darker, slightly salty, crunchy Oreo biscuit pieces (which again I'm sure are much larger than in the UK Oreo bar) and the creamy Cadbury milk chocolate.

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Mint

As I was eating it I was trying to think what it reminded me of, then it dawned on me. It reminds me of a eating a Mint Viscount biscuit, for those of you that aren't aware this is a classic English biscuit which consists of a round biscuit topped with a mint creme and covered in milk chocolate. It tasted more of this than the standard Oreo Mint due to the addition of the milk chocolate.

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Mint

Now which one did I prefer? As per the biscuits I actually preferred the Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Strawberry, which I found quite surprising. I think it's mainly due to the fact that it's rare that I find a strawberry chocolate bar that I like and therefore it just pipped the mint version.

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Mint

That's not to say that this bar still isn't good though, I'll still happily eat the rest of it and if you're a mint lover then it's still certainly worth a buy!



Taste - 7.7/10 - A light  mint flavour paired with Cadbury Dairy Milk and slightly bitter Oreo biscuits.

Texture - 8.7/10 - Texture is great, good size Oreo biscuit pieces give a pleasant textural contrast.
Appearance - 7.5/10 - Fairly standard bar. Price - 7.2/10 - I bought mine from Sanza, the import site previously described, for £5.45 for 180g bar. Fairly good value for an Australian import.
Overall - 7.8/10 - Definitely a lot  better than a lot of the recent UK Cadbury bars but the strawberry was still my favourite.
_________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
If you're a fan of mint chocolate!

WHERE TO BUY?

If you're based in Australia or New Zealand then you should be able to find it at your local stores. For others online at Sanza here.

No comments:

Post a Comment