Thursday, 17 November 2016

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Strawberry

Oreo finally got their act together and released another couple of different flavours in the UK this year - strawberry & mint. I've tried both, strawberry being my preferred flavour, but didn't review them on the blog because a) they're biscuits and b) I'm not actually a huge fan of Oreo, they're okay but I don't see the massive hype when just eaten on their own. However as I've mentioned previously put them in chocolate and you've got yourself a winner.

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Strawberry

Unfortunately we were not lucky enough to receive them in chocolate versions in the UK but Cadbury in Australia & New Zealand launched the Oreo strawberry & mint in Cadbury Dairy Milk bar form. Yum. I remembered reading about them a while ago but to be completely honest it had slipped my mind for a while, that was until I was browsing the internet a couple of rainy evenings ago and spotted them on a website that sells imported Australian, New Zealand & South African goods. I knew I had to have them.

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Strawberry

As I preferred the standard Oreo strawberry it was the strawberry version that I wanted to try first. Described as 'delicious smooth strawberry flavoured creme with crunchy Oreo biscuit pieces coated in Cadbury Dairy Milk milk chocolate'


Snapping a strip off I smelt a lovely light strawberry aroma, reminiscent of Nesquik strawberry milkshake powder - considering this is what the Oreo stawberry biscuits tasted of and I loved them I was really hoping that this flavour was going to be carried through into the chocolate bar form.

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Strawberry

Yes!! It was!! The inner creme centre is exactly like the innards of the Oreo strawberry apart from obviously the ratio of creme:biscuit is far superior, exactly how I like it, and then smothered in Cadbury milk chocolate. It makes for a match in heaven.  If you haven't tried the standard Oreo strawberry the best description of it is akin to strawberry Nesquik, if you haven't tried that then imagine a slightly artificial strawberry albeit not sickly, cloying or overly 'chemical' tasting. Compared to UK strawberry Dairy Milk bars that have been released in the past, e.g Strawberries & Cream, this is far superior.
 

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Strawberry

It's been a while since I've tried the standard UK Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo bar but I'm pretty sure that the chunks of Oreo biscuit were far more substantial in this as well, which made for a much nicer eat as they allowed more of a textural contrast as opposed to lots of small nibbly bits.

One of the nicer Dairy Milk bars I've had in a while, shame it's been released in Australia and not over here. Cadbury UK need to get their acts together and stop ruining products and investing in some better NPD.


Taste - 8.7/10 - Really tasty strawberry flavour that's not overly sickly, paired with slightly salty Oreo biscuits and creamy milk chocolate.
Texture - 8.7/10 - Texture is spot on, good size Oreo biscuit pieces.

Appearance - 7.5/10 - Fairly standard bar.
Price - 7.2/10 - I bought mine from Sanza, the import site previously described, for £5.45 for 180g bar. Fairly good value for an Australian import.
Overall - 8/10 - Let's hope this is brought to the UK at some point!
________________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?
If you loved the Oreo strawberry that were released in the UK this year then you'll love this.


WHERE TO BUY?
If you're based in Australia or New Zealand then you should be able to find it at your local stores. For others online at Sanza here.

No comments:

Post a Comment