Saturday, 19 November 2016

Reese's Pieces Big Cup

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were the first American chocolate I ever tried, I remember when the things were like gold dust and it was nigh on impossible to find them in the UK. Now they're all over the place; however these new Reese's Pieces Big Cup were a different story, I'd seen them online a few times but hadn't been able to find them in local stores anywhere, so I bit the bullet and bought a couple of packs online.

Reese's Pieces Big Cup

The Big Cup is around double the weight of a standard cup, weighing in at just under 40g, one of the major differences is the increased ratio of peanut butter:chocolate, which personally I think makes for a better eat. In this product you get 2 cups and they also contain Reese's Pieces, pretty much peanut butter Smarties/M&Ms, yum.

Reese's Pieces Big Cup

Now from the photo on the packaging I was expecting there to be full Reese's Pieces in the cups, that is what the photo shows after all. However on cutting one in half I was met with what looked like lots of splintered and smashed Reese's pieces that had then been folded into the peanut butter centre. Hm.

Despite my initial trepidation they actually ate really well. The Reese's Pieces aren't whole so they aren't large enough to feel obvious, as in the Nestle Smarties bar, instead they offer a crunchy nibbly texture akin to the addition of feuilletine to a chocolate. I did enjoy the texture but I do think it would have been nice to maybe have had a few more whole ones thrown in there.

Reese's Pieces Big Cup

In terms of the flavour it is your standard Reese's Peanut Butter Cup recipe but because of the greater amount of peanut butter filling to chocolate exterior you get a saltier, more peanut butter heavy eat. Personally I love this because although the overall eat of peanut butter cups is good, Hershey's Reese's chocolate isn't of the greatest quality and therefore I prefer the peanut butter filling to take centre stage.


I have to say that I prefer these to the standard peanut butter cups, I think the addition of the Reese's Pieces does help improve the eat; however I'm not sure whether I would be frequently willing to  pay nearly three times the price of the standard peanut butter cups plus postage for the pleasure. If they were to grace my local stores' shelves anytime soon then I may have to rethink.


Reese's Pieces Big Cup


Taste - 8.2/10
- Salty sweet peanut butter and chocolate. 

Texture -  8.0/10 - Reese's Pieces addition added an almost feuilletine like texture to the eat, I would have liked a few whole Reese's Pieces included however.
Appearance - 7.0/10 - Well the inside of the cup certainly doesn't look like it does on the packaging, but other than that it's fine.
Price - 7.5/10 - I bought mine for £2.99, considering you can purchase the standard Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in most supermarkets now for around £1 they're nearly 3 times the price, obviously they are a larger size too.
Overall - 7.7/10 - A really tasty addition to the Reese's range.
_________________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR?
Reese's peanut butter lovers!

WHERE TO BUY?

Some American import stores may have this in; however I purchased mine from The Protein Pick and Mix here

No comments:

Post a Comment