Wednesday, 7 December 2016

The Raw Chocolate Co Raw Chocolate Ginger

Having reviewed The Raw Chocolate Co's chocolate coated mulberries a week or so ago I was looking forward to trying another one of their snack products. This time Raw Chocolate Ginger -  "Raw Chocolate coated Crystallised Ginger. Cacao solids: 72% minimum. Crystallised Fijian Ginger wrapped in a soothing coat of our award winning raw chocolate. Spice up your life!"

The Raw Chocolate Co Raw Chocolate Ginger

I'm sometimes a bit funny when it comes to ginger, I love gingerbread flavoured things, but in chocolate I must admit that I'm not always the biggest fan, so I wasn't entirely sure what my feelings would be towards this product.


The crystallised ginger pieces are generously large; although this means you don't get many in the packet it does mean that they are satisfying to eat, like the chocolate mulberries they're lightly dusted in cocoa powder.

The Raw Chocolate Co Raw Chocolate Ginger

Taking a bite of one I was really pleasantly surprised, the ratio of chocolate:ginger is really good and you can definitely tell that they've been coated in a good layer of chocolate. The ginger sits somewhere in the middle of crunchy and chewy and offers a nice soft bite to it.

The flavours are really well balanced, the ginger isn't too hot but offers a nice subtle warming heat, also due to it being crystallised in sugar it balances the deeper, darker eat of the 72% of the chocolate, thus making for a very moreish experience!
The Raw Chocolate Co Raw Chocolate Ginger
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with how tasty these were and I'd use them either to eat alone or as a topping on desserts/ice cream/oats etc.

Taste - 8.3/10 - Really pleasant warming, sweet, ginger balanced well with the dark chocolate.

Texture - 8.0/10 - Slightly chewy/crunchy crystallised ginger. Good ratio of chocolate:ginger.
Appearance - 7.0/10 - Decent sized pieces.
Price - 6.8/10 - £1.49 for 28g is a bit more expensive but I think its worth it for this product and makes a nice alternative chocolate snack.
Overall - 7.5/10 - Pleasantly surprising.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Obviously The Raw Chocolate Co's products are catered towards those looking for vegan, raw and organic products but this one eats well enough that I think it would be great for anyone that enjoys ginger!

WHERE TO BUY?

You'll be able to pick these up from a number of health retailers or online from The Raw Chocolate Co's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment