Monday, 30 January 2017

M&S Single Origin Chocolate Ganache & Salted Caramel Filled Eggs

I must admit I wasn't planning on starting to write my Easter reviews for at least another month. However most of the Easter products are now gracing the shelves and I was lucky enough to be bought this pack of M&S eggs as a gift recently and since I couldn't resist tucking into them...well let's say I couldn't resist reviewing them either!

M&S Single Origin Chocolate Ganache & Salted Caramel Filled Eggs

Described as "dark chocolate eggs filled with salted caramel (38%) and dark chocolate ganache (38%)" they come in a dainty looking egg box.  The pack claims they are Single Origin but for the life of me I couldn't find anywhere on the packaging where in fact this "origin" was, I'm presuming it's the Dominican Republic as this is where a lot of M&S' Single Origin  chocolate products have been from before, but this is not stated anywhere on the pack, only that it is 69% cocoa solids.

M&S Single Origin Chocolate Ganache & Salted Caramel Filled Eggs

I wondered whether they would come with a miniature spoon similar to that of the Cadbury's Egg & Spoon product, perhaps an upmarket dainty silver spoon or whether it would purely be the eggs. Opening the box answered this question soon enough, with it just being the 4 dark chocolate eggs sitting in the box.

M&S Single Origin Chocolate Ganache & Salted Caramel Filled Eggs

Taking a couple out of the box they really resembled the shape of the Artisan du Chocolat
Crème de la Crème Eggs, so I'm presuming that it's Artisan du Chocolat that make these - therefore I had high hopes.

M&S Single Origin Chocolate Ganache & Salted Caramel Filled Eggs

Biting into the top of one egg the crisp dark chocolate shell slowly gave way revealing a silky smooth, rich, shimmering salted caramel whilst delving a bit further revealed the thick, sumptuous dark chocolate ganache. Overall the balance of the eat and the textures are absolutely spot on, these are absolutely delicious - the sweet slightly salty thick caramel balances the rich, smoothness of the chocolate ganache and slightly bitter and fruity, crisp dark chocolate shell.

M&S Single Origin Chocolate Ganache & Salted Caramel Filled Eggs


M&S Single Origin Chocolate Ganache & Salted Caramel Filled Eggs

They are incredibly good, in fact so good that after I finished my first one I couldn't resist having another one and that doesn't happen all that often! I perhaps think it would have been nice if a little plastic silver spoon had been included so that if you did want to make these last a little bit longer and savour them you could spoon the filling out whilst nibbling on the chocolate. As it just felt that after a couple of bites and attempting to stop the filling running all over my fingers it was all over a bit too quickly (I did attempt to use my own spoon but it was too big to properly fit inside - boo hoo). However these are extremely good chocolate eggs and I have a feeling may be one of the best products I'll eat this Easter.


M&S Single Origin Chocolate Ganache & Salted Caramel Filled Eggs

Taste - 9.3/10
- Absolutely delicious, rich, chocolate and sweet salted caramel.
Texture - 9.3/10 - Crisp dark chocolate shell, thick, silky smooth caramel and ganache.

Appearance - 8.6/10 - Look pretty, think the inclusion of a spoon would have been good.
Price - 8.5/10 - £5 for 4 eggs makes them £1.25 each, excellent value for money when you consider that they are only around double the price of a standard commercial egg such as a Creme Egg and a million times better in times of quality.
Overall - 8.9/10 - An excellent Easter product. Yum.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Anyone looking for a slightly more upmarket, better quality Easter product that isn't going to break the bank.


WHERE TO BUY?

Marks & Spencer's stores nationwide.


No comments:

Post a Comment