Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Venchi Cremino

It's been such a long time since I've had any Venchi chocolate, which is a shame really as I absolutely love their products, but until recently it was difficult for me to get my hands on any different varieties in any local stores. That was until my local Fenwick got some in - namely the Venchi pick & mix that popped up before Christmas that caught my eye; which then seemingly disappeared when someone went to go and buy me some as a Christmas present. Boo hoo! Anyway I digress as I was still fortunate enough to receive this delicious looking box of Venchi Cremino.

Venchi Cremino 


Containing 3 different types of their classic Gianduja chocolates :

Cremino 1878
- "with this reworking of the traditional cremino recipe, Venchi offsets the intensity of the Piedmont hazelnuts with a delicate layer of white almond Gianduja"


 Cremino Pistacchio- "one layer of white pistachio Gianduja in between two layers of milk pistachio Gianduja"
Cremino Fondente  "three extra dark layers – one layer of almond Gianduja in between two layers of hazelnut Gianduja"

Venchi Cremino

Venchi Cremino

All 3 of them sounded absolutely delicious and I couldn't wait to try them. Each piece comes individually wrapped and weighs in it at around 10g per piece. I decided to try the Cremino Fondente first, as it was one I wasn't all that sure whether I was going to like, I have to be in the right mood for dark chocolate.


Venchi Cremino 

 It had quite a firm texture, definitely firmer than Gianduja I've been used to, due to the higher cocoa solids present. Thus meaning that the melt is slower and not as silky smooth compared to a milk chocolate Gianduja. The flavour is most definitely more bitter but it still offers a good, deep, hazelnut flavour. It was pleasant enough but I knew it wouldn't be my favourite due to personal tastes.

The Pistachio Cremino was the Yang to the Cremino Fondente Yin; the complete opposite and to my tastes a breath of fresh air. Silky smooth with a gorgeously rich melt it offers a very subtle pistachio undertone. Heaven.






Venchi Cremino

Ultimately though I knew my favourite was going to be the Cremino 1878. Predominantly made up of Piedmont hazelnut Gianduja with a thin layer of white almond Gianduja it sounded utterly delicious. It did not disappoint - Venchi's hazelnut Gianduja is one of the best I've had. It's extremely well balanced in terms of both sweetness and depth of nut flavour whilst the melt is everything you could possibly want, silky smooth and rich. I definitely think this will be the first one of the box to disappear; although having said that all of them are superb quality Gianduja.






Venchi Cremino
 

Taste - 8.3/10 - Delicious, really well balanced.
Texture - 8.4/10 - Silky smooth, luxurious melt.
Appearance - 8.2/10 - All individually wrapped and presented in a pretty looking box.
Price - 8.0/10 - I was bought a 180g box for around £13.99 from Fenwick, Venchi and The Chocolate Trading Company are selling the same varieties in a different box at a smaller size for £15.90 and £10.95 respectively.
Overall - 8.2/10 - A high quality, delicious Gianduja offering.
_________________________________________________________________________________

WHO FOR? 
Would make a great gift for any Gianduja lover.

WHERE TO BUY?

Fenwick, Venchi online here or The Chocolate Trading Co online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment