Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Doisy & Dam Coconut & Lucuma

This is the last of the Doisy & Dam chocolate bars I picked up from Wholefood's; although I'm not the biggest lover of dark chocolate I wanted to sample 1 dark, 1 milk and 1 white chocolate bar from Doisy& Dam and with this having won a Great Taste award and sounding relatively tasty I decided to give it a go.

Doisy & Dam Coconut & Lucuma

It's 74% dark chocolate with coconut and lucuma (a 'superfood' fruit which often gives things a 'caramelly' flavour when added). The dark chocolate had a lovely fruity, rich, tropical aroma on opening the packaging and snapping the chocolate you could see small flecks of coconut dotted throughout the bar.

Doisy & Dam Coconut & Lucuma

Considering this is a 74% chocolate bar it certainly isn't too bitter, aided by the tropical, rich notes of coconut and sweet caramel flavours of the lucuma. It's still a pretty rich, robust eat, but hey it's a high percentage dark chocolate bar.

 
The melt of the bar is relatively smooth, not the creamiest I've ever had but by no means the worst and thankfully the coconut pieces in the bar weren't intrusive or irritating when the chocolate melted!

Doisy & Dam Coconut & Lucuma

Personally I don't think I would pick this bar up again, purely just down to flavour preferences and personal tastes. I ended up giving the rest away to a friend who loves dark chocolate who really enjoyed it, so it shows that it certainly is a good dark chocolate bar, maybe just not massively my cup of tea.


Taste - 7.4/10 - Rich dark chocolate, subtle caramel and coconut notes.
Texture - 6.2/10 - Not the smoothest melt I've had.
Appearance - 7.0/10 - Like the packaging, bar itself is pretty standard.
Price - 7.7/10 - £3.50 for 100g or £1.75 for 40g.
Overall - 7.1/10 - A tasty dark chocolate bar with additional components in that really work, just not massively my preference.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Dark chocolate lovers.


WHERE TO BUY?
I got mine at Wholefood's or you can purchase online at Doisy & Dam's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment