Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Meiji Galbo Strawberry Mini

When I was buying chocolate in Japan for most things I generally I had no idea what half the stuff was (hence my one faux pas of buying something which I thought was a delicious gummy sweet and turned out to be some sort of disgusting pickled radish!)

Meiji Galbo Strawberry Mini


Thankfully due to a slightly clearer picture on these Meiji Galbo Strawberry Mini I had a bit of a better idea - it looked like some sort of chocolate pellet with a strawberry chocolate coating. I was hoping there were going to be no nasty surprises here.

You could buy them in small individual bags or in this box format that I bought, which contains a slightly bigger bag. I was expecting the pellets to be quite small but in actual fact they're a decent size, probably around 5g per piece.

Meiji Galbo Strawberry Mini

Biting into it you are met with a rather dense yet slightly crunchy chocolate cookie interior, I'm not sure whether there's actually any milk chocolate blended through the centre as it didn't seem quite crunchy enough to be all biscuit. You then have a thin layer of strawberry chocolate coating the exterior which adds a nice hint of fruitiness. In all fairness I normally really don't like milk chocolate and berry flavours together but I found these extremely moreish and great to nibble on.

Meiji Galbo Strawberry Mini

The visual of the product could be slightly better I think, the strawberry chocolate layer has a slightly translucent, grainy, speckled look, which I think would look better if it were all one colour and opaque, but that's only a minor qualm. Overall these were pretty tasty and I must say I'll miss not being able to pick them up easily in the UK.

Meiji Galbo Strawberry Mini

Taste - 7.5/10
  - Really nice, light, fruity strawberry flavour with a creamy milk chocolate cookie centre.
Texture - 8.8/10 - The texture is so moreish, not too crunchy, definitely feels like there is some chocolate blended through the centre.
Appearance - 6.0/10 - Could look slightly better.
Price - 7.0/10 - I can't remember the exact price I paid but I think it was the equivalent of around £1.
Overall - 7.3/10 - I really enjoyed these and am now wishing I bought a few more packs!
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO WHO FOR?
Great snacking option perfect for kids + adults.

WHERE TO BUY?

I bought these in Japan, not sure whether they may be available in some Japanese import shops in the UK (I'm hoping) as they are a fairly mainstream product but you can also purchase them from eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment