Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Royce' Milk Chocolate

When I went to Japan it wasn't just fun KitKat flavours I was after, I also love picking up higher end chocolate ranges when I go abroad and therefore really wanted to get my hands on some bars of Royce' chocolate - one of Japan's more premium chocolate brands. However on doing some research before going I found out that in Tokyo Royce' can only be picked up in the airport, so I had to wait with bated breath until then!

Royce' Milk Chocolate

In terms of what makes Royce' more premium? Made in Hokkaido, the climate and clean-air is meant to provide a perfect temperature for producing the chocolate; whilst the sourcing of premium ingredients, such as the use of Hokkaido milk is also meant to add to the overall quality.


Royce' Milk Chocolate

The bar comes, plastic wrapped, in simplistic card packaging and weighs in at 125g. The design of the bar is fairly simplistic but has good, decent sized pieces and is fairly thick. I was so pleased to find that the chocolate hadn't bloomed at all - quite often when bringing chocolate back from abroad I've had issues, so I was absolutely delighted that it was as it should be!
Royce' Milk Chocolate

At 45% the bar has a decent cocoa content yet a gorgeously, milky, creamy eat. It's really well balanced, not too sweet but the perfect blend of rich cocoa notes, creamy dairy and subtle caramel undertones. Delicious. Sometimes I feel that higher cocoa % milk chocolate bars can start to become slightly bitter, this most certainly isn't the case here.

  Royce' Milk Chocolate


As would be expected the texture matches the flavour in terms of offering a smooth, rich, creamy melt that enrobes the mouth.


Royce' Milk Chocolate

Overall I was seriously impressed with this bar of Royce' Milk Chocolate so am looking forward to also trying the almond bar I picked up. The fact that I only paid the equivalent of around £3 as well makes me even more impressed - good quality at a fair price!


Taste - 8.4/10 - Really creamy, rich, well balanced milk chocolate.
Texture- 8.0/10 - Smooth melt.
Appearance - 7.0/10 - Fairly simplistic.
Price - 9.0/10  - Absolute bargain for the equivalent of ~£3.
Overall - 8.1 - Delicious bar of milk chocolate.
_____________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
If you're a milk chocolate lover then this should hit the spot.

WHERE TO BUY?
I picked mine up at Narita airport, full details of where Royce' is stocked can be found on their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment