Sunday, 7 May 2017

Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Peanut Butter

After being seriously impressed with the new Cadbury Dairy Milk Peanut Caramel Crisp Big Taste I thought it was about time I got around to trying the new Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Peanut Butter - despite having heard some bad things about the product I always like to try things for myself, as I'm sure you know, tastes can differ.

Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Peanut Butter

I'm so pleased to see that peanut butter is starting to become bigger in the UK, it's one of my favourite flavours; however I was skeptical straight away when I saw the product didn't actually contain any peanuts whatsoever. In fact the packaging stated "this product MAY contain nuts"....may?!? It's a peanut butter product - it SHOULD be containing nuts. Skim reading the ingredients list it seemed to be that the peanut butter element was coming from a flavouring. Oh no.


Snapping a strip off you could see the filling was flecked with good sized Oreo pieces but it was the light brown peanut butter flavoured filling that I was worried a bite. I took a bite..oh dear, just as I expected. It tasted so artificial and certainly not reminiscent of that creamy, satisfying, rich peanut butter flavour you would expect.

Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Peanut Butter

If you've ever tried the Walden Farms Peanut Spread this is what the filling tasted like, a heavy artificial chemical taint that unfortunately the Oreo pieces couldn't make up for, combine this with the fairly sweet Cadbury milk chocolate and you're left with a product that is rather awful unfortunately.


Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Peanut Butter

I don't know why Cadbury have opted to use a flavouring - costs I would presume, I don't understand when they'll realise that we would prefer to pay slightly more for a decent product than less for one that tastes awful!! I most definitely will be sticking to the Peanut Caramel Crisp Big Taste!

Taste - 1.5/10 - Awful, artificial peanut butter flavour.
Texture - 7.0/10 - Fairly smooth filling, crunchy Oreo pieces.
Appearance - 6.3/10 - Standard Cadbury chocolate bar.
Price - 3.0/10 - Not priced too highly with you generally able to pick this up for £1 somewhere but even then I'd feel I'd wasted my money it was that bad.
Overall - 4.5/10 - Only the moreish texture really makes up for this bar tasting disgusting.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?
Honestly can't really recommend it - especially not if you're a big peanut butter fan!!

WHERE TO BUY?
Most major retailers should be stocking this.

1 comment:

  1. Agree! It was actually disgusting. Couldn't eat it and I adore chocolate and peanut butter. The Walden Farms chocolate PB is one of the worst things I've ever put in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete