Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Kinder Bueno Coconut

Kinder Bueno isn't one of those chocolate bars I buy often but every time I do have one I always wonder why that isn't the case as I always thoroughly enjoy it. The release of this new Kinder Bueno Coconut was enough of a reason to tempt me back into purchasing a bar.

Kinder Bueno Coconut

Described as "white chocolate with coconut milk covered wafer with smooth milky and hazelnut filling", I was pleasantly surprised that Kinder had not only opted to not only coat the base and sides of the bar with desiccated coconut but to also use coconut milk in the white chocolate! I feel it would have been a bit of a cop out if they'd just decided to take their standard white chocolate bar and coat it in some desiccated coconut.

Kinder Bueno Coconut

As with the standard the bar comes in two individually wrapped sticks, be warned on unwrapping and eating this the desiccated coconut can be prone to going everywhere! It has the usual easy to break off sections and the standard light, easy to eat wafer texture, combined with the well known gorgeously creamy, smooth, milky hazelnut filling. Thankfully, as with some coconut based bars, ahem Bounty, the desiccated coconut wasn't obtrusive to the texture and I didn't find it become drying whatsoever thanks to the filing.


Kinder Bueno Coconut
I definitely noticed the coconut flavour, most obviously in the desiccated coconut coating the exterior but I also did pick up that the white chocolate wasn't as sweet as the standard and had a creamier, subtle coconut flavour due to the addition of the coconut milk powder they have added to the white chocolate base. This paired with the light, hazelnut filling made for a really creamy, but thankfully not overly rich eat.

Kinder Bueno Coconut


There's nothing on the bar that states it's limited edition so I hope it does stick around and in all honesty I think I preferred it to the standard white chocolate bar due to the addition of the coconut adding another dimension to the bar. Definitely one to try out whilst it's about!

Taste - 7.6/10 - Good balance of creamy, milky hazelnut and light, sweet, white chocolate and coconut.
Texture - 8.5/10 - Easy to eat, light wafer and smooth filling.

Appearance - 7.4/10 - Always liked the fact that each of Kinder Bueno's sticks are individually wrapped.
Price - 8.2/10 - At 50p for a bar it's not going to break the bank and not too much of a heartbreak if you don't enjoy it.

Overall - 7.9/10 - A nice addition to the Kinder Bueno range.
_________________________________________________________________________________
WHO FOR?

Kinder Bueno lovers.

WHERE TO BUY?
I bought mine at Sainsbury's, this is the only place I've seen it so far but would expect newsagents/other retailers to get it in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment